What we’ve done so far!
Since the Kearsney Parks project started, we’ve been holding lots of events in the park.
- On 28th April 2018, we took a spring morning bird walk in Kearsney Abbey.
- In October 2017, we took part in the nation-wide Big Draw. Watch this video, A Kearsney Discovery, that was created, based on a true story about Kearsney Abbey that was reported in the local paper in 1841.
- In March 2017 we were treated to a very special evening of music in Kearsney Abbey café, with performances by a number of musicians including award-winning flautist Paul Chenour, Moloko prize-winning musician Richard Bundy and international cellist and pianist Francois le Roux. The evening was hosted by Dover Tales. Listen to a snippet.
- Sky Blue Theatre Company performed their very own version of Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream along with help from the audience, on the site of the old outdoor theatre. This was the place where the play was performed as part of the Festival of Britain celebrations in 1951.
- In July and September 2017, the Great Big Tree Climbing Company took people high into the tree canopy, to experience a very different view of the parks. They are coming back to the park in 2018!
- We held a number of photography workshops in the park in 2017. Lots of stunning photographs were taken.
- In July 2017 we held a Big Wildlife Survey as part of Up on the Downs’ Big Summer Festival. We set out to record all the plants and animals we could find in the different areas of the parks.
There will be lots more events coming up throughout the project, so do keep an eye on the ‘What’s on’ page or sign up for our monthly email updates.